- Aren’t URNs much more elegant than those brittle HTTP URIs?
- Why is everyone yapping about 303 redirects?
- Hash vs. slash?
- What’s the deal with content negotiation and the Semantic Web?
- Shouldn’t we use blank nodes anyway?
There’s a lot of confusion around URIs on the Semantic Web. You have to do quite a bit of reading and trial-and-error to arrive at effective solutions. Leo, Max and I wrote Cool URIs for the Semantic Web (Leo’s announcement) to take some of the pain out of this process.
A couple of random companion posts from my archives:
- Debugging Semantic Web sites with cURL
- Content negotiation with hash URIs (long)
- Fixing ambiguous concept URIs
- Game theory, convention, and coordination
And, always worth a link: